Wednesday, April 9, 2014

BACON! Enough Said.

All one really needs in life is bacon, bourbon, and beer. Okay so that may not be all we need, but it's a pretty damn good start. 
For my birthday back in February (this post is a little overdue) my BFF treated me to dinner at BarBacon in Hell's Kitchen, NYC. Knowing I love bacon-anything, she chose pretty much the best way to celebrate another year in my life. 

It was clear from the start this was not going to be a healthy meal, so we went all out and could have cared less. We each started with a bacon and beer pairing flight. Known for their artisanal bacons from around the country, BarBacon paired up four select bacons and four artisanal craft beers. When the deliciousness was presented to us, we literally started drooling. Ladylike behavior went out the window when we walked in the door. 


Our yummy slices were Applewood-smoked, jalapeño, black pepper, and Vermont maple. I was surprised how spicy the jalapeño was and since I'm a little wimpy, I only took a few bites. The Vermont maple was by far my favorite. 

Next I had Shain's BLT, since they were heartbreaking sold out of Bacon Loves Lobster Roll. My BLT was still delish with Applewood-smoked bacon, Bibb lettuce, organic tomato, organic sunny egg, avocado, and mayo on ciabatta. A little messy to eat but good anyway. My pal had the BarBacon Grilled Cheese with fontina, gruyere, and a baby soup on the side. Cute and yummy.

Let's not forget the bourbon cocktails! We both had the Bourbon Ginger Smash with Bulleit Bourbon, fresh muddled ginger, lemon and mint, agave nectar, and a splash of ginger beer. 
One word: Awesome.

A birthday celebration wouldn't be complete without dessert... or a sneaky whisper to the waiter for a candle. Stuffed to the max, we shared the bourbon and bacon bread pudding. I loved it so much I force-fed myself. The weight gain was worth it.

If you love bacon nearly as much as I do, then you have to check out BarBacon. The atmosphere, beverage program, and of course bacon selection, make the this place worth it. 

Go! Or you really can't claim to love life's essentials - bacon, bourbon, and beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment